Barbara Taylor supplied the prompt photo this week.
Guide for Flash Fiction for Aspiring Writers
1. A prompt photo will be provided each Tuesday to be used as a base to your story. Please include photo prompt with your story.
2. Linking for this challenge begins on Tuesday and runs to the following Monday evening.
3. Please credit photo to photographer
4. The story word limit is 100 – 150 words (+ – 25 words). Please try to stay within this limit.
5. Pingback to the challenge post in your story’s post.
It was the view which drew him back to New York. As happy as he had been living in Colorado, nothing felt as much like home as this city. The city’s charms might not hold him forever, but for now, they would do. It was the fall of the Twin Towers that drove him away. He’d known people in the towers. His girlfriend had called to tell him she loved him and goodbye. And then, silence. The most god-awful silence he’d ever heard in his life.
He turned, smiling at the redhead coming towards him.
“Tiff!” He wrapped her in his arms. “I missed you.”