1. A prompt photo will be provided each Tuesday to be used as a base to your story. Please include photo prompt with your story.
2. Linking for this challenge begins on Tuesday and runs to the following Monday evening.
3. Please credit photo to photographer.
4. The story word limit is 100 – 150 words (+ – 25 words). Please try and stay within this limit.
5. Pingback to the challenge post in your story’s post.
6. This is a flash fiction challenge (stories in 100-175 words or less)
Pix by Joy Pixley
“You really don’t want to jump here,” Ron Smart-Ass teased. Big brothers – the worst- but I didn’t have time for him now.
I couldn’t tear my gaze from the placid water below. Would it be cold or warm? Clear? Cloudy? Would I sink into endless mud and never come back?
“Got snapping turtles,” Ron snickered. “Eat your toes off.”
I ignore him.
Closing my eyes, I jumped, landing with a splash, kicking up once my downwards movement ended. Breaking the surface, I looked up.
“Come on in, the water is fine!”
Boys started jumping, splash-bombing into summer.