This week’s photo prompt is provided by shivamt25.
Guide for Flash Fiction for Aspiring Writers
1. A prompt photo will be provided each Monday pm to be used as a base to your story. Please include photo prompt with your story.
2. Linking for this challenge begins on Monday pm and runs to the following Monday pm.
3. Please credit photo to photographer.
4. The story word limit is 100 – 150 words (+ – 25 words). Please try to stay within this limit.
5. Please indicate the number of words in your story at the end of your story. (It doesn’t count into the amount of words).
“What?” he asked as if in dismay.
Giggles. “You…..” A fit of giggles.
He hid a smile, loving the light in her eyes, the strands of ash-brown hair drifting across her forehead. Laugh lines crinkling around her eyes.
He faked a frown as if her giggles insulted him. This just made her giggle harder.
Raised his hands in a ‘what’ gesture.
“Oh, Chris!” She laughed, pointing at his coffee cup upon which he’d rested his sunglasses. Lennon glasses, he called them.
“What? You don’t like meeting Mr. Lennon?”
Reaching out, she grabbed his hand from across the table. “You are horrible!”
He chuckled, twining his fingers with hers.
“So I’ve been told.”
They drank their coffee in easy conversation, as if they’d known each other all their lives, not just met at the counter less than an hour ago. They spent the day pretending to be in love. Pretending they had a life-time before him. Making memories they would both forget tomorrow.