This week’s photo prompt is provided by Enisa
Guide for Flash Fiction for Aspiring Writers
1. A prompt photo will be provided each Monday pm to be used as a base to your story. Please include photo prompt with your story.
2. Linking for this challenge begins on Monday pm and runs to the following Monday pm.
3. Please credit photo to photographer.
4. The story word limit is 100 – 150 words (+ – 25 words). Please try to stay within this limit.
5. Please indicate the number of words in your story at the end of your story. (It doesn’t count in the amount of words).
The fire crackled without warmth, demon eyes glaring hate, dying remains of a world gone mad since his father’s trial. Lifting his eyes to meet those of the man who sired him, raised him, trained him, he stared at the severed head hung from the post across the clearing. Nothing else was left.
Stood where they’d left him, as the fire burned the remainder of his life away. When the eyes winked dark, all would be gone.
Dropping to his knees, he scooped armfuls of grass and leaves onto the coals, heaping the material as high as he dared. Adding twigs and sticks as they grass and leaves ignited.
Weren’t no demons coming for him. And if they did, he’d be ready.