This week’s photo prompt is provided by yarnspinner.
Guide for Flash Fiction for Aspiring Writers
1. A prompt photo will be provided each Monday pm to be used as a base to your story. Please include photo prompt with your story.
2. Linking for this challenge begins on Monday pm and runs to the following Monday pm.
3. Please credit photo to photographer.
4. The story word limit is 100 – 150 words (+ – 25 words). Please try to stay within this limit.
5. Please indicate the number of words in your story at the end of your story. (It doesn’t count into the amount of words).
“Sorry.” Leaning closer, he studied the plate. “What in the… world… is that?”
She shrugged. “Does it matter?”
“Does it matter! I’m not going to eat anything looking like that!”
“Oh, come on, don’t be a whiner. We paid a lot of money to attend this event.”
“Wasted money, if this,” pointing downwards, “is the fare!”
He turned his head back and forth, bent over to look at the plate upside down. Nothing made the contents of the plate more palatable. Or recognizable.
“Nope, no way am I eating … whatever it is.”
He gave up, turning to look around the ballroom.
She hummed and hawed, cajoled and begged, but he remained steadfast.
“Oh, for good grief,” she finally said, grabbing his hand and leading him towards the exit. “This is the thanks I get for trying to expand our horizons!”
He said nothing. Steak and potatoes. A few green beans to cleanse the palette. Apple pie.
Why would anyone want to expand from the best?