Some books come to you…. They are bonuses, gifts. You do not have to kill some little part of your flesh to dredge them up. This is a fatal shade mystical, but it is almost as if you are serving as agent for a book which wants to get itself written.
This week’s photo prompt is provided by Fandango. .
Guide for Flash Fiction for Aspiring Writers
1. A prompt photo will be provided each Monday pm to be used as a base to your story. Please include photo prompt with your story.
2. Linking for this challenge begins on Monday pm and runs to the following Monday pm.
3. Please credit photo to photographer.
4. The story word limit is 100 – 150 words (+ – 25 words). Please try to stay within this limit.
5. Please indicate the number of words in your story at the end of your story. (It doesn’t count into the amount of words).
“Yggdrasil damned and heilagr hell,” Atticus growled, tugging angrily on his buried limbs. “”What the fricking…..” Falling silent as he continued to struggle.
Not that this was a bad neighborhood, but frankly, he preferred solitude. Preferred not to be the stump of all the local jokes.
‘Poor crippled, Atticus.’
‘Back hurting, A?’
‘I said “Brown – Left Hand!”‘
Really? It was like being in kindergarten again.
Damned if he was going to listen to that shit anymore, even if he had to hobble away on stumps.
Ignoring the snickering, he continued to struggle and fight, finally breaking his limbs free, spider-walking away on shaking roots, smiling for the first time in a millennium.
Yggdrasil – Norse Tree of Life
heilagr – ‘holy’ in Old Norse