This week’s photo prompt is provided by Enisa.
Guide for Flash Fiction for Aspiring Writers
1. A prompt photo will be provided each Monday pm to be used as a base to your story. Please include photo prompt with your story.
2. Linking for this challenge begins on Monday pm and runs to the following Monday pm.
3. Please credit photo to photographer.
4. The story word limit is 100 – 150 words (+ – 25 words). Please try to stay within this limit.
5. Please indicate the number of words in your story at the end of your story. (It doesn’t count in the amount of words).
“That’s a neat watch,” Canie commented, leaning forward for a better look.
“It’s a Begari.”
“A TimeShifter?” Eyes wide.
“How does it work?”
“You point the crown at the empty alley, punch in a time frame – say, Victorian England – and tap the glass.”
Canie’s eyes widened as a figure appeared in the alley.
“Wow! So can you bring anybody over?”
“Targeting a particular individual is iffier, but it can be done.”
“Try Jack the Ripper.”
“Okay…. Sherlock Holmes.”
With a one-shouldered shrug, Mike pointed the crown at the alley as the first visitor wandered away, punching in a more complicated formula.
Mike tapped the glass.
For a moment, nothing happened, then a form appeared, violin in one hand, bow in the other. The man turned to look directly at them as the first figure wandered back to his side.
“The illogical is often correct,” the taller man said to the shorter.
Mike and Canie stared, open-mouthed, before shouting, “Elementary, my dear Watson!”