This week’s photo prompt is provided by Yarnspinnerr.
Guide for Flash Fiction for Aspiring Writers
1. A prompt photo will be provided each Tuesday to be used as a base to your story. Please include photo prompt with your story.
2. Linking for this challenge begins on Tuesday and runs to the following Monday evening.
3. Please credit photo to photographer.
4. The story word limit is 100 – 150 words (+ – 25 words). Please try to stay within this limit.
5. Pingback to the challenge post in your story’s post.
Chris and Jay leaned on the hotel railing, looking down at the bronze and gold fence and the estate beyond.
“Fancy enough,” Jay remarked, eyes drifting down to the line of what looked like tiny pots. “So what do think those are?”
Chris’ gaze followed Jay’s. His first thought was drums. It was not a serious thought, but his mind tended to see music before anything else. After a moment, he suggested:
“Odd country this,” Jay mused, slight smile on his face.
It was the bands first time in India and the culture differences fascinated them all.
“Can you believe we’re actually here?”
“I always told you we’d be here,” Chris reminded him, breathing in the scent of a foreign land; a land he would come to explore and love in the years to come.
They bumped shoulders.
“Life is good,” Chris said.
“Amen,” Jay responded.
And so it was.