Guide for Flash Fiction for Aspiring Writers
1. A prompt photo will be provided each Monday pm to be used as a base to your story. Please include photo prompt with your story.
2. Linking for this challenge begins on Monday pm and runs to the following Monday pm.
3. Please credit photo to photographer.
4. The story word limit is 100 – 150 words (+ – 25 words). Please try to stay within this limit.
5. Please indicate the number of words in your story at the end of your story. (It doesn’t count into the amount of words).
This week’s photo prompt is provided by Goroyboy
He cupped his hand just so, letting the rays of the sun golden his fingertips as if he held a tiny sun inside. He wasn’t a magician. More of a teacher, guiding those who listened and heard and saw.
“There has to be some way to destroy him.”
“Shootings always worked for ya’ll,” the Sheriff said pleasantly.
“After Waco, we’d be crucified!”
“Well,” with a chuckle, “That was ya’ll fault ya know.”
“Whatever. We need to take this cult down now.”
“Don’t rightly think it’s a cult, son,” the Sheriff said, but no one heard.
The FBI agents huddled, whispering plans.
“Gonna get me a donut,” the Sheriff said and walked out of his office, grabbing a jelly filled on his way out the back door.
“Jake,” he said into his cell. “You gotta get out of there.”
“Perhaps dying is my way to making my point.”
“Then it’s a stupid point! Just take yours and go.”
“Mine are already gone.”
“Then why the hell didn’t you go with’em?”
“My path is not to run from hell.”
“God-a-lordy!” The sheriff swore as Jake hung up. Stuffed the donut into his mouth.
He hated Mondays.