This week’s photo prompt is provided by shivamt25.
Guide for Flash Fiction for Aspiring Writers
1. A prompt photo will be provided each Monday pm to be used as a base to your story. Please include photo prompt with your story.
2. Linking for this challenge begins on Monday pm and runs to the following Monday pm.
3. Please credit photo to photographer.
4. The story word limit is 100 – 150 words (+ – 25 words). Please try to stay within this limit.
5. Please indicate the number of words in your story at the end of your story. (It doesn’t count into the amount of words).
The Unexpected Vacation
“The flowers are pretty at least,” Mona commented.
“Shhh… he might hear you!”
“I don’t care. We don’t know him from a hole in the ground.”
Mona smiled in apology. He wasn’t a bad-looking man, not that she was looking for a man. She was happily….. well… divorced.
The man kept looking at them.
Maybe he was just a little creepy. The next time she looked, he was standing right beside her.
“Tickets to the show for pretty ladies,” he asked, teeth flashing white. “Free.”
“What show? Where?” Mona asked.
He turned stiffly to point at the blank wall behind him.
“I’m not crawling in that little hole!”
“Free show for pretty ladies. Special show.” His eyes flickered orange.
“Think not,” Mona said, both of them backing away. “Maybe next time.”
“Free show,” he repeated, taking a few steps forward.
They fled, never once looking back at the empty courtyard.