Week of 06-21 through 06-27-2016
Guide for Flash Fiction for Aspiring Writers
1. A prompt photo will be provided each Tuesday to be used as a base to your story. Please include photo prompt with your story.
2. Linking for this challenge begins on Tuesday and runs to the following Monday evening.
3. Please credit photo to photographer.
4. The story word limit is 100 – 150 words (+ – 25 words). Please try to stay within this limit.
5. Pingback to the challenge post in your story’s post.
The library was impressive; the kind of library where one daren’t touch any book, much less presume to read the words inside. What use had men such as these for my set of skills?
My hands itched to hold one of those gilded book, but I resisted. The untouchable old men who existed in this place took quick offense. These books were not meant for the baseness of the human touch.
“The Librarian will see you now.” A crustacean of a man shuttled me through endless stacks until we arrived at the Head Librarian’s bench, behind which he sat like a thunderous god of old.
“There is an auction. A book we must acquire. Do you understanding?”
On my way out, I retrieved my gun. Next morning, I was on the Red-Eye to Paris.